Friday, November 7, 2014

Video of the Week: The Secret of La Chancla

This week in English we were talking about Figurative Language, and while I was describing Hyperbole/Exaggeration, I used the phrase "My Mom is going to kill me!"  The interesting thing is that in each of my classes, at least 2 or 3 students told me their mother would literally kill them.  I assured them their mothers love them, and pointed out that even if their mothers were masters in the Way of the Chancla, they would probably allow their children to live, if only so they could use the chancla on them again later! :)

Esta semana en ingles hemos un estudio de lenguaje figurativo, y cuando estaba describiendo exageración, lo utilicé el phrase "Mi Madre me va matar!"  La cosa interesante es en cada clase era 2 o 3 alumnos que me dijo sus madres haría matar sus niños literalmente.  Les aseguré sus madres los aman, y si son maestros en La Via de la Chancla, no va a matar sus niños.  Si los matan, no serán capaces de utilizar la chancla en el futuro! :)